Grant Writer (Part Time)
Job Overview and Requirements
We are a large Stamford CT nonprofit—and our busy development team needs help finding and winning grant funds to support our portfolio of terrific programs (including schools, community centers, and social justice projects) for low-income, high-need young people. If you are a gifted writer, careful researcher, and meticulous grammarian, we need your help. Our team is welcoming, our work is rewarding, and we set a high bar for the quality of everything we do. This is a part-time, non-exempt position, working 20 hours per week. This position reports to the Director of Grants.
- Research RFPs, foundations, and other new grant opportunities applicable to Domus programs and projects
- Complete grant applications, grant reports, and other writing projects
- Visit Domus programs to build relationships with program staff and to write blurbs for use in grants and communications
- Assist with answering funder questions and hosting funder site visits
- Manage “grant tracker” list of application and report deadlines
- Maintain electronic and paper files of grant applications, reports, award letters, contracts, and other documents
- Maintain boilerplates by compiling current program descriptions, demographics, outcome results, and narratives about each Domus program
- Assist with Gala, NINER, Golf Outing, and other special events projects as needed
- Help our five-person development department hit annual fundraising goals
- Bachelor’s degree in a writing-intensive field
- At least 5 years professional experience as a researcher and writer (grant-writing, journalism, communications, marketing, technical writing…)
- Superb storytelling skills, with clear and concise writing style, excellent grammar, and an eye for copy editing
- Impeccable oral communication skills
- A strong work ethic and team spirit
- Commitment to our mission and values
- Love of young people, especially young people others consider unlovable
- Able to work a few fund-raising events per year on evenings and weekends
- A great sense of humor!
Domus is an equal opportunity employer. Spanish speaking people and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. That being said, we hope to fill the position by Nov. 10.
To apply, please send your resume and a brief letter of interest to Alison Soler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please:
- Briefly address what about Domus’ mission speaks to you and why you are a good fit
- Briefly address your grant writing successes and/or other experiences that are relevant to this position
- Share up to three professional writing samples of which you’re particularly proud
Domus is committed to equal employment opportunity and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for the position. Domus does not discriminate against applicants based on race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, physical or mental handicap, or disability or veteran status.