Associate Data Manager
Reports to: Director of Research and Evaluation, Alison Black
At Domus, we believe improving our data collection, review, analysis, and decision-making process will improve outcomes for the youth we serve. We create program models which articulate our youth-centered impact and use real-time data to inform our work. And we use data to tell our story so we are understood by youth, parents, staff, board members, volunteers, funders, policy makers, and media as a high-impact youth development organization.
The Associate Data Manager has a deep understanding for how data can be used to drive decision making and improve outcomes, and can independently articulate that throughout the organization. To that end, the Associate Data Manager is a critical consumer of data, seeking to understand the meaning and connections behind the information and continually growing in this capacity. Sh/e oversees and manages data collection, survey development, and analysis, and effectively communicates with staff across the organization.
Duties and responsibilities
• Presents data in a meaningful & relevant way with some assistance from supervisor for final revisions. This may include power point presentations, written memos, or data visualizations.
• Organizes data analysis through the creation of an analysis plan that clearly articulates the research questions and plan for answering those questions.
• Cleans & processes data to facilitate analysis; including the creation of relevant variables and statistics derived from raw data.
• Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to data collection and analysis, with assistance from Research Assistant where possible.
Program Staff Interaction
• Conducts training for Domus staff on the data platform and demonstrates mastery of the material by answering most questions, providing context, steering conversation towards utility of data, and proactively following up after training, as needed.
• Initiates communication with internal stakeholders to ensure their understanding of how to integrate data and information in their day to day work.
• Understands and executes on broader departmental goals by leveraging understanding of data processes and workflows across the organization (family advocates, supervisors, teachers, etc) and working knowledge on relevant data sets (attendance, behavior, assessments, etc).
• Develops effective partnership with internal teams and stakeholders.
• Completes assigned tasks/projects in a timely and accurate manner consistently.
• Demonstrates ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, with minimal supervision.
• Identifies issues and takes responsibility for resolution and/or escalation consistently.
• Delivers weekly/monthly status reports to manager consistently.
• Uses in-house tools to track personal performance and project progress.
• Contributes to project meetings consistently.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field
• Critical consumer of data, seeking to understand the meaning and connections behind the information
• Strong analytical, problem solving skills with a curiosity to learn more
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with specialized software or large datasets
• Advanced Excel skills
• Ability to work in a culture shifting organization, and be a flexible thinker
Nice to have:
• Experience with research methods
• Master’s degree in related field
This is an exempt, salaried position with benefits. Salary range is $60,000-$70,000, commensurate with experience.
We are looking to fill this position by mid-July.
To apply, send a resume and brief letter of interest to Alison Black at email@example.com. Please include in your letter of interest:
· Statement for why you are a good fit for this position
· An example of something you did recently that demonstrates you are a curious learner
Domus is an equal opportunity employer. Spanish speaking people and people of color, are strongly encouraged to apply.